We're happy to announce the release of LTTng 2.11 "Lafontaine".
This is a combined release announcement for the 2.11.0 - "Lafontaine" release of the LTTng Tools, LTTng UST, and LTTng modules projects.
This release is named after a modern Saison beer from Montréal's Oshlag microbrewery. It is a refreshing, zesty, rice beer with hints of fruit and spices. Some even say it makes for a great Somaek when mixed with Chamisul Soju, not that we've tried!
Lafontaine is also a tongue-in-cheek reference to a water leak that affected EfficiOS's offices during the development of this release.
The most notable features of this new release are:
- Session rotation,
- Dynamic tracing of user-space (LTTng-modules),
- Support for arrays and bitwise binary operators in filters,
- User and kernel space call stack capture from the LTTng-modules kernel tracer (LTTng-modules),
- Improved networking performance of the relay daemon,
- Take NUMA configuration into account for UST buffer allocation (LTTng-UST),
- Support unloading of probe providers (dlclose) (LTTng-UST).