- LTTng 2.x Tracer Toolchain
- Trace viewers
- Userspace RCU
- Feature matrix
- Bug tracker
LTTng 2.x Downloads
Here you can find the download links for LTTng 2.x.
Refer to each project's description page on the left to understand which component does what, and which ones you need.
- Since Ubuntu 12.04, packages are available straight from the repository:
sudo apt-get install lttng-tools
- For previous releases, or for more up-to-date packages, see the Launchpad PPA.
- Starting with Fedora 17, packages UST and tools package are available from yum:
sudo yum install lttng-tools
You still need to compile lttng-modules manually.
- RPM Packages by the OpenSuse project
- For OpenSuse and other RPM based distros:
- Arch Linux
- All LTTng packages are available in the AUR.
- If you have links to packages for you favorite distribution, please let us know!
Latest Stable Releases
If you compile the complete toolchain from source, you should compile and install liburcu first, then LTTng-UST, then LTTng-tools. The other components do not have any inter-dependency.
Refer to the README file in each package for installation instructions.
LTTng 2.3 "Dominus Vobiscum" - Tracer toolchain
LTTng 2.2 "Cuda" - Tracer toolchain
LTTng 2.1 "Basse Messe" - Tracer toolchain
LTTng 2.0 "Annedd'ale" - Tracer toolchain
Viewers and other tools
Latest Development Releases
This section features the latest releases of the non-stable branches. They may contain additional features, but also unexpected bugs. Testing is very welcome!
If no new version of a dependency is shown here, it means the dependency is the same as the stable version.
LTTng 2.4 "Époque Opaque" - Tracer toolchain
You can browse the archives to access the previous versions of the different tools.
git clone git://git.lttng.org/lttng-tools.git
- LTTng Kernel Tracer Modules
git clone git://git.lttng.org/lttng-modules.git
git clone git://git.lttng.org/lttng-ust.git
git clone git://git.lttng.org/userspace-rcu.git
git clone git://git.efficios.com/babeltrace.git
git clone git://git.lttng.org/lttngtop.git
git clone git://git.lttng.org/lttv.git
Sample trace files
If you cannot take traces for some reason, but would like to test a viewer or script, you can use one of the following sample traces:
- Sample CTF trace 2012-04-12 (4.6 MB)
If you are interested in the legacy LTTng 0.x toolchain, see the Legacy Downloads page.